Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mid-Season Awards

Seeing as we've reached mid-season and the Falcons don't play again until early January, I'm going to fill the time with some mid-season awards. I'll announce picks for awards between now and the end of the year. The first pick will come later this week. A winner and a runner-up will be announced for the following awards:

Freshman of the Year
Most Improved Player
Offensive MVP
Defensive MVP
Team MVP

Offensive MVP and Defensive MVP do not have to be forwards or defensemen, respectively. If I find it to be too difficult to decide, I may name winners for best defensive forward and best offensive defenseman in addition to the previously named awards. Also, a player may be named for more than one award.

Obviously these honors are meaningless outside of this blog, but I think it'll be a fun exercise. Feel free to comment with nominations for any award not yet given, and your own picks for all of the awards. I'm interested to see what people think of the team and the players thus far in the season.

Check back later in the week to see my pick for Freshman of the Year. I'm sure the suspense is killing you.

4 comments:

  1. Frosh: JST
    Most Improved: Tommy Dee
    Offensive MVP: David Solway
    Defensive MVP: Kyle Page
    Team MVP: Nick Eno

    ReplyDelete
  2. For your consideration:
    Most Valuable Ineligible Player: JST

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only convincing argument I might try to make to Drew's list is Krelove for most improved. He was very impressive on that 5 on 3 PK last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frosh: JST
    Most Improved: Tomas Petruska
    Offensive MVP: Tommy Dee
    Defensive MVP: Kyle Page
    Team MVP: Kyle Page

    ReplyDelete