Thursday, December 17, 2009

Quid Pro Quo?

I'm fairly certain the title of this post is a misuse of the term, but I'm also fairly certain I don't care.

Just wanted to drop another post to acknowledge a blog for posting a link to my site.

I checked my Google Analytics stats today to see that I had nearly doubled my previous highest total for visitors in a day. Wondering what may have caused this jump, I checked the referrer stats to find that 12 visitors had been referred to my site by mgoblog - Michigan football, basketball, hockey, and general what-have-you.

Seeing as I didn't know a link had been posted there, this was quite a pleasant surprise. Given the amount of added traffic, I felt it was only fair to thank them for the link and provide one back.

Now, I don't know that I'll be doing this for every link to my site that gets added to the blogosphere or the internet tubes in general, but I felt this one was appropriate, both because of the boost in traffic and the fact that I grew up watching and rooting for Michigan (living in Columbus, no less!). Additionally, it turns out that mgoblog is a damn fine site, with enough recruiting information and general U of M knowledge to impress most fans of college athletics.

You'll never catch me cheering for the Weas.... Wolverines when they play BG, but I still have a bit of a soft spot for the maize and blue, and root for them in most games where I have no other rooting interest.

Anyway, that's enough for that soliloquy. Thanks for the link, mgoblog!

2 comments:

  1. Not to bring you down because I saw the same kind of traffic spike, but they didn't post a link to your site directly. They used Delicioius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I noticed that, too. Not quite as cool, but hey, traffic's traffic! ;)

    ReplyDelete